Gajjar / Carrot / Gazar Ka Halwa is a very popular sweet dish. You can prepare Gaj ar Ka Halwa at home very easily using our simple Gajjar Ka Halwa recipe.
Ingredients for Gajar Ka Halwa:
- 1 kg Carrots / Gazar
- 1.5 litre Milk
- 2 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 1 cup Water
- 5 tablespoons Ghee
- 3 tablespoons Raisins, Almonds and Pistachios each
- 500 grams Sugar
Preparation method of Gazar Ka Halwa:
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Saturate the raisins in water for some time.
- Slice the nuts.
- Boil water and add the grated carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the milk and cook on a low flame for 45 minutes moving occasionally.
- Add sugar and stirring until all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and cook for 5 minutes again.
- Add a little crushed cardamom and the raisins. Mix well.
- Take away the Gajjar Ka Halwa from flame.
- Garnish with nuts.
- Halwa is ready.
- Enjoy your favorite Gazar Ka Halwa